Monday 6 February 2012

Thoughts on joy...

 The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.   Jim Rohn

 I remember a time for me that the quote above from the great, late Jim Rohn sums up well.  My ex-husband had just moved out, there was me and our soon to be 1 year old daughter and I was, at times unable to sit and read a book to her.  It was just a bit too much to face.  I still have the book, as much because she loved it as to remind me of then - in a very positive way.  I've come so far. We all have.  I knew that that time wouldn't last forever and I wouldn't hurt one day like I was doing then.  

I also had moments (which is why I mention the time at all) of absolute peace, bubbling joy and excitement about life.  They came, not from my mind which was quite occupied with my 'story' at that time, but from somewhere deep within me, the me without the past or future - the me that was truly present in the now.  It could be some blossom on a hawthorne bush or birdsong which could have stopped me in my tracks but the most pure feeling of absolute joy would wash over me.  I shut out neither, and experienced both as fully as I could.  (Big, big thanks to any of my amazing family or friends who may be reading this and were there then - I may never be able to repay your fabulous support!)

Fast forward 4 years and I've finally got around to meditating more regularly (which has been an intention for years), re-discovered Byron Katie and discovered Eckhart Tolle (and the Tao Te Ching, The Prophet and many others thanks to The Dynamis School).

There's been lots of times of joy in between, and plenty of learning experiences but never as much lasting peace and joyfulness as there is right now.  A combination of a great homeopathic remedy, my Mindful Meditation month, Byron Katie's 'Loving What Is' (really makes so much sense to me - you're not going to stop the rain by complaining so let's get on and learn to dance in it!) and Eckhart's Power of Now have all come at a great time and would recommend them to everyone.  Starting, of course with a great homeopathic remedy....

Yours, so very happily,



Em

No comments:

Post a Comment