Wednesday 16 May 2012

Homeopathy and Sports

This year the Society of Homeopaths has focussed it's Homeopathy Awareness Week around sports and fitness, and with the Olympics fast coming upon us it seemed fitting that, unable to beat them, I join them!

It's maybe also a fitting place to mention my own sporting challenge - this year has been a year I've set aside for me, my fun, different activities to focus on that I may never have done or would like to do better and I gave myself a month to try out an activity.  It could be anything from meditation to guitar lessons, roller blading to knitting.  Interestingly, as an aside, on one exercise class it was great for me to overhear our instructor in my February challenge telling people in the group to take arnica to help with any bruising and that she should be on commission for all times she recommends arnica to people!  Good to hear the word is being shared...  At the start of my challenges, Nov 29th, last year, I had a lot of ideas of things I'd like to do but also some spaces in the 13th months ahead of me leading up to 2013.

Open water swimming was one that kind of crept up and took hold of me.  I now have a very fetching wetsuit, well OK, a wetsuit, the ability to swim a mile in a swimming pool, some borrowed goggles, and a place on the Great North Swim (a mile in Windermere), on the 23rd June, the day before the Olympic Torch goes through Skipton.

I've decided since I'm taking the plunge, I'd like to use the opportunity to raise some money through sponsorship and am donating this to Homeopathy for Health in Africa.  I'd love to raise at least £500 so if you could I'd really appreciate it if you'd sponsor me - it's easy to donate here.
In my head it's going to be a little like this....

so I do appreciate any pennies I get that am able to pass on to HHA!

Onto the newsletter...

As ever if there's anything you'd like to see mentioned in a newsletter, want to find out more about homeopathy or to book an appointment, feel free to get in touch at either em@homeopathyskipton.co.uk, through the Craven Clinic on 01756 796690 or direct on 07734 861297.





No comments:

Post a Comment