Monday 22 April 2013

Running on luck?

I'm engrossed in reading 28 at the moment.  It's 28 people's stories of AIDS in their lives - healthcare workers, truck drivers, wives, children, army workers, nurses, doctors and lots more.  It's making me realise so many things about how lucky I am for so many reasons.  It's also giving me more insight into the world that Jeremy and Camilla Sherr (along with various volunteers) are living in every day.  And making a difference everyday.

I feel a little like my options to help are limited with what I can do from here in the UK so as a consequence of this I've decided to run my Olympic distance Triathlon as a fundraiser.  My aim is to raise £1k to help Homeopathy for Health in Africa carry out it's amazing work.

My warm up event went well and I really enjoyed it (I think on each of the event pics I've a huge smile and this was a fair reflection of the event) - maybe more pushing = faster = better triathlete but that was never the goal for me.  To complete, survive (in the opposite order of importance) and most of all to enjoy myself. I more than succeeded. And I plan to echo that with my fundraising mission too :)

If you can help at all I'd be so very grateful (and I know the project would be even more so).  It's such an overused phrase to say that every little makes a difference but it really, really does.  Just here to donate...

With massive love and gratitude in advance,

Em x




No comments:

Post a Comment