Tuesday 29 January 2013

The stuff dreams are made of (well mine anyway)!

I'm 10 days into my raw food 21 day transition and have to say (well OK maybe I don't HAVE to say but it's my blog and I'm going to) I feel fantastic!

I decided to go with a slower approach for a few reasons but probably one of the main ones would be that I've some veggie meals from leftovers in my freezer that I'd like to use - and as I have a feeling that I'm moving towards a way of life as opposed to a temporary diet then there's no time like now.

I think also it's probably hard going to tell myself that's it - no more cooked food but now that I'm allowing myself this time for cooked evening meals I'm chomping at the bit to get going on 100% raw (which if I stick to my plan is this Saturday onwards).

So this week which is my week 2, I'm having a green smoothie for breakfast (largely fruit - bananas, peaches, blueberries, strawberries or mangoes - mixed with greens - most days baby leaf spinach) and then a raw meal for lunch. Today's lunch was spaghetti (made with grated courgette) marinara and a tomango soup - both of which were delicious.

Week 1 was merely swapping a breakfast for a green smoothie - all of which I enjoyed. I can tell that my tastes are changing as they seem even more delicious second time around.  They were also filling and I was never hungry - an easy way to start the process.

The last couple of days I've woken at 6 (once from my alarm and once just before 6) and felt really energised and ready to start the day.  It's a feeling I remember well but I've not had for some time (maybe juicing detoxes excepted).  I feel energised - and more motivated to get out and do things. Such as run at lunchtime in the rain.  Liking it. A lot.

It might be raining outside but it's sunny in my kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment