Wednesday 12 December 2012

Going Green

The more I read, the more I listen to and the more I feel I know that green juices are fabulous.  On Monday night I watched my friend's 4 year old downing a gloriously fresh green juice. A most wonderful sight.

I'm really passionate about juicing and about the health benefits of getting fresh food right there and then, live enzymes straight into the body - so much so that recently I've been round to two friends places running through juicing with them.  It feels great to be spreading the word and seeing other people get really excited about this as well.

One of my favourites (the Monday night juice) is pretty much Jason Vale's Turbo Charge Smoothie (or how I make it from memory now anyway so may not be identical) and is as follows:

1/4 pineapple (skin off)
2 apples
handful of spinach
stick of celery
1/4 lime
1/4 cucumber

Push through the juicer (sandwiching the other ingredients between the two apples).

Pour into the blender and add:

1/2 avocado
handful ice cubes

Blend.  Pour into glass.  Clean juicer (so much easier if you do it straight away).  Drink and enjoy the juicy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment