Saturday 16 June 2012

Open water swimming and great big fish...

Well, after last years saying no to the Great North Swim this year it was a big YES (well probably quite a timid, shy one really but it's a far more confident one now)!

Open water swimming became June's challenge on my 13 challenges (or playtimes) leading up to 2013 and has been a lot of work, learning, discoveries - and fun!  I thought I'd like the concept but not the reality (the cold, huge fish and enormous weeds bothered me) but it turns out although I'm a little bit less happy with the weeds, I've not seen an enormous fish in either Coniston Hotel lake or Malham Tarn as yet and I can deal with the cold.  I'm raising money for Homeopathy for Health in Africa - of course - who are doing such incredible life changing work in Tanzania.  They work largely with people who have HIV and AIDS, using Homeopathy alongside the conventional medication their patients are on.  So far I have been pledged over half of my £500 target and it would be wonderful to smash through this altogether.  If you'd like to sponsor me the link here will take you to the page:

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/emmacolley1



Reflecting last night whilst swimming and looking back over the time since I started this mission back on the 29th November, there's been a whole lot of 'I can''s going on - I have learnt lots of new skills, revisited old ones, become more adept or at least less rusty at others.  It's been an incredibly positive experience which I would recommend to anyone and am so very pleased I started it. 

Next stop T'ai Chi July and roller blading August - eeeeekkkk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment